Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 7:29 PM, Christian Boltz <opensuse@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2017, 09:40:42 CET schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
Wow. After I added the lock, zypper says it is not installing 6177
items because they are locked. Those mainly must be texlive-*
packages. The only other thing I have locked is php5 (until I can
verify I do not need it).

This means there are 6177 packages matching your texlive-* lock.
It does _not_ mean that all those 6177 packages would be installed if
you remove the lock.

So please take this number with a grain of salt ;-)

Not totally. It will install over 1400 of those. Even though transfig
only needs a few, those need others, who need others, etc.

If it was only a few getting installed I would not care.

The size of what gets installed is over 800 MB.

That's a damn big grain of salt.

--
Roger Oberholtzer