Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse

On 02/15/2017 10:12 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
On 13/02/17 11:09 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 14:21:14 -0500
Roman Bysh <rbtc1@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/02/17 02:57 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 02:48:48 +0100

On 2017-02-09 18:03, Daniele wrote:
Il 09/02/2017 12:23, Josef Reidinger ha scritto:
Another behaviour that should be allowed would be choosing both KDE
and Gnome (and more) right at the first install (without going to
patterns).

I worry that it would confuse users even more. E.g. which desktop
manager to pick? what will be default? and some others together do
not make much sense, like text based server and kde together.

Josef,

Under Custom, can you please add Cinnamon. Ever since Linux Mint
introduced Cinnamon it has been a very popular DE selection.

Roman

That is nice about new design, anyone can add it as it is simple
pattern and not something magic in installation control. And patterns
are common packages -
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial#Create_Patterns

Josef

Didn't we decide that KDE was the default desktop several versions ago?

Roman

We may have, but in more recent times we have moved towards treating all
desktops as equals. But that doesn't seem related to what we were
discussing here, all the Cinnamon Maintainer needs to do to get it in
the new list is create a pattern for it, most of the other desktops have
good examples but if someone has questions / needs help doing it then I
would be happy to provide assistance.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30