Re: [opensuse-factory] Complete lockups on plasma
On 14/02/17 08:35 AM, Mykola Krachkovsky wrote:
неділя, 12 лютого 2017 р. 11:58:58 EET Lew Wolfgang написано:
> On 02/12/2017 11:47 AM, ianseeks wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Anyone else experiencing plasma locking solid so you have to physically
>> reboot? I've been having this about twice a day on average over the past
>> month or so.
>
> What's the symptom when it locks? Black screen? Pixelated? Flashing?
> What were you doing when it froze?
>
> I've seen various ugly things with plasma. Some of the effects seem to
> be related to old Nvidia graphics adapters, others are black screens
> when logging in a new user for the first time.
>
> Can you unlock the freeze with a Control-alt-backspace key combo? This
> kills the X session.
>
> BTW, the new-user problem happens when I use useradd to create a new
> user. the .cache and .dbus directories are owned root.root. Just doing
> a chown -R fixes the problem. I've seen this happen with 42.1 and 42.2.
>
> Regards,
> Lew

If locking means problematic X session lock then "loginctl list-sessions" &
"loginctl unlock-session ..." from tty (Ctrl+Alt+F1) might help.

I had the uncontrollable flickering briefly one evening. After an update it has
stopped.
I'm using a GeForce 750 Ti 2GB of vram.

Roman