Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
On Tue, 2017-02-14 at 08:05 +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2017 at 8:22 PM, AW <alexander.willand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

There is a package texlive-dummy_install on software.opensuse.org.
AFAIK you
can install it and zypper no longer complains about missing texlive
packages.

As well here:
https://www.ctan.org/pkg/texlive-dummy-opensuse?lang=de

I wonder which is the better route: a lock or the dummy package that
pretends to provide the packages.

A lock seems better to me if only because it is more clear that the
packages are not actually installed.

To me this looks like a design problem in the texlive package. How much
sense does it make to split a package in to 1500+ parts if "texlive-
epstopdf" pulls in (almost?) all of them? You might as well just stuff
it all in a single package.

Btw, I set "solver.onlyRequires = true" in /etc/zypp/zypp.conf, and I
don't recall having had trouble with it.

Regards
Martin

--
Dr. Martin Wilck <mwilck@xxxxxxxx>, Tel. +49 (0)911 74053 2107
SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton