Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
Carlos E. R. wrote:
Also Zypper suggest to choose some self-compiled RPMs with
"official" RPMs from repositories.

You have to give your home repo a higher priority (lower pri number).
Yes, I thought about this. But I have a practical problem with giving
repositories higher priority numbers.

If I for instance find an interesting updated package in a home
repository, I do not wish that the package will be downgraded on next
"zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" run. But if I give the home
repository a higher priority, then "zypper dup ..." will update all
matching packages with the versions from the home repository.

This brings me to the question, why will package vendors change also
with the "--no-allow-vendor-change" option?
(If this is caused by hard dependencies, Zypper does not explain the
dependencies.)

So if I have to say "Yes" to everything, I don't see the
difference between "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" and
"zypper dup". Especially "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" does
not preserve my repository preferences for me.

It gets much better if you use it everytime.
So you can recommend "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" for daily usage?

Greetings,
Björn