Aw: Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
  • From: "Axel Braun" <Axel.Braun@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 17:16:16 +0100

Gesendet: Montag, 13. Februar 2017 um 17:03 Uhr
Von: "Josef Reidinger" <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse

On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 00:25:14 +0100
Javier Llorente <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

El viernes, 10 de febrero de 2017 17:00:25 (CET) Simon Lees escribió:
[...]
I don't mind it if the wording is changed slightly

* Desktop (Gnome)
* Desktop (KDE)
* Server (Text Mode)
* Other

+1
I would personally avoid using parenthesis;

* KDE Desktop
* GNOME Desktop
* Server (Text mode)
* Other

I also do not like parenthesis, but I think it make sense to have
emphasis on Desktop so have it as first word.
So in the end I change it as

* Workstation with Gnome
* Workstation with KDE Plasma
* Server (Text Mode)
* Other

so it is clear what is Server and what is workstation. ( I do not use
desktop as it can be also notebook, and desktop looks like a bit
opposite of notebook ).

and maybe even add
Recommended
or
if unsure, use this option
behind one entry - just to make life for noobs easier

Cheers
Axel