Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
  • From: emanuel <emanuel.castelo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 19:02:44 -0800
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 10:16:22 PM PST Wilhelm Boltz wrote:
Am Sonntag, 12. Februar 2017, 20:46:45 CET schrieb Mathias Homann:
Am Sonntag, 12. Februar 2017, 08:40:48 CET schrieb emanuel:
"This sort of setup should be handled with repo priorities........" +1 ,
works for me too,
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/30dd705885209facfac0996fd96b069f

+100. if not more.

I have TWENTY SIX repos configured in my desktop pc. All sorted into
wellbehaving by giving them proper priorities. I just ran a live upgrade
directly from 13.2 to Leap 42.2, skipping 42.1, no problems.

ok, TBH, i have one home: repository, which is my own. everything else are
"released" repos. like KDE: stuff and such.

okay, but what does that mean precisely: "giving them proper priorities"?

Greetings
Willi

using my setup for example, see gist above, i prioritized packman repo to
trump all others because i want the packman version of certain packages, same
for cinnamon, i prefer factory-cinnamon repo, and prioritize it in way to
trump the default cinn packages from the OSS repo.