Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
  • From: emanuel <emanuel.castelo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 08:40:48 -0800
On Sunday, February 12, 2017 11:59:57 AM PST Olaf Hering wrote:
Am 11. Februar 2017 23:04:33 MEZ schrieb Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv@xxxxxxxx>:
Zypper calculates 95 problems on my main PC.

This sort of setup should be handled with repo priorities. First home, then
Mozilla, then Packman, then Tumbleweed (or whatever you want the stacking
to be). Then a simple 'zypper dup' would give a consistent state. This will
cover eventual ABI changes within a repo. This requires that each repo is
clean and carries no duplicated package, which might be the case in badly
maintained repos.

There are likely valid usecases for the --no-allow-vendor-change. But
following a repo should be allowed. Take the recent ABI change in libbluray
for example. Some struct was changed, all packages in Packman use the new
layout. Disallowing vendor change may result in bad runtime behavior
because the TW variant of libbluray is installed.

And of course this specific example taints my statement that zypper dup
--from Packman is 100% safe. Sorry for that..

Olaf

"This sort of setup should be handled with repo priorities........" +1 , works
for me too, https://gist.github.com/anonymous/30dd705885209facfac0996fd96b069f