Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
* Aleksa Sarai <asarai@xxxxxxx> [02-12-17 09:01]:
So if I have to say "Yes" to everything, I don't see the difference
between "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" and "zypper dup".
Especially "zypper dup --no-allow-vendor-change" does not preserve my
repository preferences for me.

--no-allow-vendor-change means that Zypper will not automatically switch
vendors for *every package which has a newer version in another repo*. But
sometimes the depsolver figures out that the only solution is to switch
vendors (in order to upgrade some package) -- which is why it's asking you
to confirm vendor changes.

If you don't set --no-allow-vendor-change, you'll see *a lot more* than 95
vendor changes. Zypper is only asking you about the unavoidable ones.

And *only* now because you have not previously followed the advised path.
When you add repos besides those advised, you create the conditions you
now see.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net