Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
On 10/02/17 05:39 PM, Simon Lees wrote:

On 02/11/2017 05:34 AM, Roman Bysh wrote:
If it has a pattern in the main repo then it will show up under Other
when using the Net install (from memory its not on the DVD). There was a
number of criteria put forward as to why Gnome and KDE should have there
own position such as accessibility openQA test coverage and some others.
At some point (in another thread) we should formalize this so that if
another desktop like Cinnamon or Enlightenment claims to meet this
criteria they can put forward a good case to be added to the main list
but that is a separate discussion.

One of the main goals for this proposal is too make it easier and
clearer to install Mate, Cinnamon, LXQt and others but at the same time
not give new users a choice of 8+ desktops which would be confusing,
choosing between 2 is hard enough.

We really need a screenshot next to each desktop selection so users can see
what their desktop selection will look like.

Roman