Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse

On 02/11/2017 05:11 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-02-10 16:12, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Goal of that dialog would be to allow easy UI for common scenarios
like workstation with major desktops and minimal server. For other
users we allows patterns selection and even in summary you can
fine tune it with full software selection if you want. As can be
seen in third gif, picking e.g. lxde is also very easy with it,
just one click more.

First time users may want other desktops than the majors.

I miss at least the "minimal graphical install" that was available on
previous versions.

To do that with this proposal you simply pick "Other" then the "Minimal
X11 Pattern" which will give you the same result.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30