Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
Hi,

In my opinion the role-based selection that SLE has does not fit
openSUSE at all. Instead, I suggest keeping the current appearance
and just change a few things:

Add screenshots:
Large enough to be distinguishable. Also with a longer description
next to it, to make the decision easier.

No "other" selection:
Instead make the view scrollable, the usual GNOME + KDE + Nothing
triplet on top is visible by default. IMO that's more fair.
Also, it makes it possible to add *all* desktops we currently
ship in the official repos (which only makes sense for the NET
install and for the DVD with online repos active).

No "Choose Patterns" button:
Instead, "Minimal System" (always on the bottom, it's for experts)
can be selected and the package selection edited later.
Otherwise there are two ways of achieving the same result, which
is IMO misleading.

Add version information, if possible:
Currently there is no easy way to get that information except
looking at the packages directly or installing the system...

Cheers,
Fabian