Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
Josef Reidinger schrieb:
I worry it will be too confusing for beginners, we try to have easy
decisions and if user need something more advanced, that for such
purpose is that custom, which allows to specify any pattern you want.

I agree. What about splitting the list into visual sections but still acting like one single radio group?
For example:

Desktop
O KDE Plasma Workstation
O GNOME Workstation
Server
O Text Mode
Custom
O Manually Select Packages

It would still act the same but visually have the actual "role" (esp. Desktop/Server) as a category.

All that said, I pretty much liked the KDE/GNOME icons on the "old" version as well. ;-)

Robert Kaiser