Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
  • From: Josef Reidinger <jreidinger@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:47:38 +0100
On Fri, 10 Feb 2017 17:00:25 +1030
Simon Lees <sflees@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/10/2017 03:33 AM, Daniele wrote:
Il 09/02/2017 12:23, Josef Reidinger ha scritto:
Hi Factory users and developers,
I am working on providing a new desktop selection dialog in
installation as specified in
https://progress.opensuse.org/issues/14936 . So after some
tweaking and thinking I use roles functionality dialog we already
had in SLES, just with desktop selection. It will allows us in
future more potential tuning for specified desktops.

You can see result in
https://github.com/yast/skelcd-control-openSUSE/pull/73
( screenshots and videos ). What do you think about it? I welcome
any feedback. I add there to comparison also old work-flow where
is one screen with online repos which we currently integrate in
desktop selection.

Thanks for any feedback

Josef

HI, I don't like the "role" word for a desktop selection.

IMHO, Gnome/kde -> same role with different DE.

Bye,
Daniele.

I don't mind it if the wording is changed slightly

* Desktop (Gnome)
* Desktop (KDE)
* Server (Text Mode)
* Other

Maybe with a description for Other including alternate desktops,
containers, etc.

Thanks for feeedback, I will discuss this with ludwig, who like to see
this change. I personally like this idea.

Josef