Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot question
On 09.02.17 08:57 Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On an existing Tumbleweed, if I do a zypper dup, isn't it the case
that I would get the packages described in the latest e-mail about a
snapshot

Exactly.

- as well as any packages that have been updated and are
perhaps destined for the next snapshot. That is, a zypper dup is not
limited to the packages in the last Tumbleweed snapshot that have
passed QA.

No. Let me try to explain, although I will probably mix some things up
myself.

Packages dont go into tumbleweed directly. They go into 'factory', are
being tested via openQA and are then released as a tumbleweed snapshot.

What you get with zypper dup is what passed openQA and was released as
a snapshot.

In OBS you see the difference when looking at a repository definition,
either it is standard or snapshot.

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

Johannes

[1]
Let's call it factory although it is tumbleweed now, but without the
snapshot.