[opensuse-factory] Re: X broken with 20170204, system unusable
On Tue 07 Feb 2017 04:50:56 PM CST, Stratos Zolotas wrote:

Thanks Malcolm,

What is advised (at least performance wise), to have the amdgpu (or
radeon) driver or the modesetting one. Or at least which is the way to
go from here? Are the standalone drivers the old way and modesetting
the new?

I'll try to see what happens with either amdgpu or radeon and the
settings proposed by Malcolm but it seems the modesetting works out of
the box so that's why I'm asking about what is proposed or preferred.

Thanks.

<snip>

Hi
I guess going forward would be amdgpu, but try them both and see what
works for you... ;) I've been happy with amdgpu for awhile now (had a
few bugs initially) but all good for my laptop setup with the Mullins
card.

--
Cheers Malcolm °¿° SUSE Knowledge Partner (Linux Counter #276890)
openSUSE Leap 42.1|GNOME 3.16.2|4.1.36-44-default