Re: [opensuse-factory] X broken with 20170204, system unusable
  • From: Stratos Zolotas <strzol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 15:21:44 +0200
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 2:48 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does the segfault go away if you uninstall all AMD/ATI/Radeon drivers (thus
triggering use of the modeset(0) driver integral to the server)?

Removing xf86-video-amdgpu and xf86-video-ati makes X to start as
expected. Had to reconfigure my layout although due to changed in vga
output numbering.

What is the best to have the integral driver or the provided packages
and what are the differences? I'm a little confused on that area...