Re: [opensuse-factory] GCC 7 Transition
  • From: Michal Kubecek <mkubecek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 07:43:34 +0100
On Monday, 6 February 2017 15:57 Richard Biener wrote:
We are in the process to prepare initial GCC 7 packages for Factory
(without yet switching the default build compiler). There is a
staging set up switching the default build compiler to GCC 7 at
openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc7. There are still numerous build
failures due to (in)valid C++ code being rejected more pedantically
or new warnings tripping over -Werror used in package builds. So
this is a first heads-up for you in case you want to check the status
of your package (or you received a bugzilla saying it won't build
with GCC 7).

I tried one of my packages and I get a lot of warnings like this

warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11;
use 'noexcept' instead

I found what it's about and I understand the reasoning. But IMHO it's
very confusing - and even misleading - that gcc7 adds the "use
'noexcept' instead" part even for declarations with non-empty exception
list, e.g.

explicit StatusVector(const IStatus* s) throw(Firebird::BadAlloc);

shouldn't the compiler suggest 'noexcept' only for "throw()" and suggest
omitting the throw declaration for non-empty list instead?

Michal Kubecek