Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 status update and roadmap proposal
Simon Lees wrote:
On 02/03/2017 02:29 AM, Ludwig Nussel wrote:
With regard to the release model I'd like to try something new.
Rather than having fixed milestones with fixed submission deadlines
every few weeks let's try to adopt a model similar to Tumbleweed's.
Ie have snapshots released automatically based on openQA results.
Nevertheless the closer we get to the release the stricter the rules
for updating packages have to be.
[...]
It would probably still be good to have a feature freeze at some point I
guess? If so it would be nice to know the date a reasonable time in
advance.

Sure. I just wanted to get some thoughts on the idea before
announcing deadlines already :-) Looks like so far there is either
little interest or silent agreement.
So let's go ahead. The time when we'd normally start Beta phase in
the schedule would be mid of May, so just in time before OSC.
Major version updates (if there are any) and installer changes should be
completed by then. We enter RC phase in last week of June, so only
bugfixes from that point on.

cu
Ludwig

--