Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed/X in VirtualBox
On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 9:26 PM, Larry Finger <Larry.Finger@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Roger,

I have been trying to duplicate this problem. For testing that VB works
correctly, I run two different Tumbleweed VMs, one with Gnome and one with
KDE, and neither shows the problem. As those VMs have been upgraded as new
snapshots have been released, I also downloaded the 20170131 DVD and created
a new KDE VM to see if that made a difference. It did not. The one thing I
noticed is that your Xorg logs start with VBoxVideo(0), and mine start with
modeset(0).

As Wolfgang says, make sure that module vboxvideo is loaded, and that the
kernel start line does not include "nomodeset".

The kernel command line is:

BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.9.6-1-default
root=UUID=87b8f812-d692-4c0c-9be2-e8080823f893 resume=/dev/sda1
splash=silent quiet showopts

This is the vbox kernel module activity:

vboxsf 53248 2
vboxvideo 57344 0
drm_kms_helper 172032 1 vboxvideo
syscopyarea 16384 2 vboxvideo,drm_kms_helper
sysfillrect 16384 2 vboxvideo,drm_kms_helper
sysimgblt 16384 2 vboxvideo,drm_kms_helper
ttm 114688 1 vboxvideo
drm 393216 3 vboxvideo,ttm,drm_kms_helper
vboxguest 303104 3 vboxsf,vboxvideo

I thought I would add iomem=relaxed to the kernel command line when
booting. But, when selecting the kernel to boot, there is no way to
edit the command line. Shouldn't I be able to press a key and then
edit the command line? I admit I have not had the need to do so in a
while.

--
Roger Oberholtzer