Re: [opensuse-factory] upscaled/blurry icons in libreoffice 5.3
On Fri, 2017-02-03 at 10:22 +0100, Rainer Klier wrote:

Am 2017-02-03 um 09:30 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar:
On Thu, 2017-02-02 at 14:21 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Rainer Klier <rainer.klier@xxxxxxxxx> [02-02-17 09:02]:
No, libreoffice-* for tw is only 5.2.3.3-25.  You are trying to
run a
"factory" package which is not made for tw.

Patrick, please update your knowledge about the interaction of
Factory
and Tumbleweed.... the two have been a synonym to each other for >
2
years by now.

ok.
so what does this now mean for my observation about the
scaled/broken
icons in libreoffice 5.3 from factory repo?

currently i reverted back to libreoffice 5.2.3.3.
icons are fine in this version.

By testing LO from the LO/Factory repo you went ahead and tested what
will be submitted (or actually, IS submitted) to Tumbleweed - such
tests are very valuable.

Even though we test the distro using openQA, there is only a limited
set of tests possible. It's mainly virtualized, there is no HiDPI
display connected (which could be for example a reason for your icon
blurriness?) and so on.

At the moment I'm waiting for Staging:F to build - then LO 5.3 will be
submitted to openQA as well... there is no guarantee that we will see
the issues there, due to the points listed above.

If you can give some more info about the environment you run
(KDE/GNOME/XFCE/LXDE), the hardware used, eventual visual config
changes (used icon theme for example comes to mind; check the possible
icon themes inside LO as well) others might try to compare as well. And
as far as I know there is also a bug filed for something alike this
already (likely by you!?)

Cheers,
Dominique