Re: [opensuse-factory] boost update and the great -devel split
On jeudi, 2 février 2017 23.08:42 h CET Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2017-02-02 18:35, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
Adam, can you share your work process to remove boost-devel and use
subpackage I've a number of them in App:Geo I would like to modify with
your new way of doing.
So the interesting process for me is how can I determine wich part of
boost- devel I should place as buildrequires.

$ rpm -qR yourpkg
libboost_filesystem.so.xxx

Look for boost*, then use those as BuildRequires (libbost_filesystem-devel).
At least for a start. Then work your way forwards through compile errors
(if any).

Thanks Jan, just another question, didn't I risk to get software which not
detect that the boost component is not there and then change the way they
build ?

My guess is that I will have to spend time to carefully review the what happen
during build.

I've found that the use of
zypper -v info --provides --requires pkg
is easier to use so I can ask for non installed software ...

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch