Re: [opensuse-factory] KMail crashing on start with: Could not create collection trash, resourceId: 2
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 23:53:43 -0600
On Friday, 3 February 2017 00:40:24 CST Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 1 februari 2017 19:48:27 CET schreef Chan Ju Ping:
Upon starting Kontact or KMail iva the terminal, the following warning
occurs before crashing:

org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed SpecialCollectionsRequestJob::slotResult
"Could not create collection trash, resourceId: 2"
org.kde.pim.mailcommon: "The Email program encountered a fatal error and
will terminate now.\nThe error was:\nCould not create collection trash,
resourceId: 2"

Has anyone encountered this error before and how would I fix it?

Yes, I did. I solved it by giving "akonadictl stop" and
"rm -rf ~/.local/share/akonadi" and starting kontact again, after which you
need to be patient and see that all the folders are filled again. See also
my earlier message on this list.

Thank you! It crashed again the first time. I restarted, and it is now working
again to repopulate my mailbox.
< Previous Next >