[opensuse-factory] Re: Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
  • From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 19:50:42 +0100
Jan Engelhardt writes:
I actually think that all these messages should be on their own VT so
one can read at least the last screenful of them just by switching away
from one of the console VT or the X session. Bonus points if that
"messages VT" would have a scrollback buffer. Would that be possible?

Already implemented.

I was about to say it doesn't work for me, but I see later in the thread
why that is so.

suse/master:config/x86_64/default:CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK=y
suse/master:config/x86_64/default:CONFIG_VGACON_SOFT_SCROLLBACK_SIZE=64

Hmm. That's less than a half a screen on my monitor. Better than
nothing, but somwhow I was hoping that you'd be able to scroll through
the full bootup sequence.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: