Re: [opensuse-factory] nm-applet fails to start
Moin,

On Wed, 01 Feb 2017, 21:51:49 +0100, Bjørn Lie wrote:
on., 01.02.2017 kl. 21.41 +0100, skrev Michael Ströder:
HI!

After a recent Tumbleweed update on one notebook I can't get nm-
applet running anymore:

--------------------------- snip ---------------------------
$ nm-applet
(nm-applet:2581): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.nm-applet' is not installed

Trace/Breakpoint ausgelöst (core dumped)
--------------------------- snip ---------------------------

Any hint what's missing here? Thanks in advance.

Ciao, Michael.

Is libnma-data installed?

just a shot in the dark: is libnma-data *required* (i.e. _not just_
recommended) by nm-applet? This is really something that is missing in
some packages from my point of view, in case this is relevant here.
There are too many packages which rely on "Recommends:" too much for
their actual usage. If a package requires some other package, it should
just not be _recommended_. There are some people out there who would
like to have _just_ the *required* softpage/packages installed; I was
just hit by this issue, when trying to get everything installed as an
XFCE user to allow gtk3 themes to work properly...

/Bjørn

Cheers.

l8er
manfred