Re: [opensuse-factory] Next snapshot with updated systemd and plymouth
Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2017, 14:03 +0100 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le mercredi 01 février 2017 à 11:19 +0100, Oliver Neukum a écrit :

Am Mittwoch, den 01.02.2017, 10:18 +0100 schrieb Frederic Crozat:

Le mercredi 01 février 2017 à 09:51 +0100, Oliver Neukum a
écrit :

given the endless number of bugs we see with plymouth
I think we should just drop it.

How about trying to work with upstream on fixing the issues ?

That would be inefficient. The basic interfaces for the console
were not designed for more than one owner of the console actually
doing graphics.
Thus we'd work hard on making more beautiful a gap we are working
eliminate.

Unfortunately, even with recent hardware and SSD, this gap is still
there and visible. For a desktop system, reverting to text mode is
definitively a regression.

Absolutely. But so is not booting. And we have done so with unnerving
regularity.
We might reintroduce the kernel splash.

Regards
Oliver