Re: [opensuse-factory] golang is dead in openSUSE?
On 02/01/2017, 09:23 AM, Jiri Slaby wrote:
Hi,

yesterday I came across go, wanting to update syzkaller (written in go).
But I failed miserably. The packages are over year old, the build go
macros seems to be broken etc. See build status in OBS:
https://goo.gl/4gQDCB

On the top of that, there are pending updates to several packages for 7
*months* already:
https://build.opensuse.org/user/show/MargueriteSu

Does anybody care? Should we drop all this golang mess from openSUSE and
rely on "go get"? How am I supposed to package go-dependant software
like syzkaller?

And the person who submitted the packages 7 months ago is maintaining
his own copy at:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:tboerger:branches:devel:languages:go

That one seems to be working really well. So the question is why he is
not a maintainer? Can somebody with power give him privileges to edit
devel:languages:go? I am cannot say he would agree, but he has not
filled in an e-mail to OBS, so I cannot CC him to ask...

thanks,
--
js
suse labs