Re: [opensuse-factory] s2disk = hibernate issues
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 13:17:38 +0100
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 12:49:50 CET Johannes Kastl wrote:
On 26.01.17 12:42 Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Test again. Setting one minute. Two options (German) "Standby"
works as assumed "Ruhezustand" after one minute screen turns black
but can be activated

Not sure, but I would guess "Ruhezustand" is not hibernation, but
rather suspend to ram or similar.

try with "systemctl hibernate" instead of the KDE options.

journald might help, but "man journald" doesn't exist on my
computer. So, which of the binary log-file in /var/log/journal, how
do I open it and what will I be looking for?

None.

Use journalctl, probably with "-b" (to get the messages since the last
boot) and grep for "hibernat"

sudo journalctl -b |grep hibernat

Johannes
FYI there is a systemd journal icon in yast panel which you might find easier
for exploration of the journal
PS I stoped using hiberanation since it seems to have issues throught linux. I
find the suspend to ram obviously easier and uses a trivial amount of power.