Re: [opensuse-factory] s2disk = hibernate issues
On 26.01.17 12:42 Peter Mc Donough wrote:

Test again. Setting one minute. Two options (German) "Standby"
works as assumed "Ruhezustand" after one minute screen turns black
but can be activated

Not sure, but I would guess "Ruhezustand" is not hibernation, but
rather suspend to ram or similar.

try with "systemctl hibernate" instead of the KDE options.

journald might help, but "man journald" doesn't exist on my
computer. So, which of the binary log-file in /var/log/journal, how
do I open it and what will I be looking for?

None.

Use journalctl, probably with "-b" (to get the messages since the last
boot) and grep for "hibernat"

sudo journalctl -b |grep hibernat

Johannes

< Previous Next >