Re: [opensuse-factory] s2disk = hibernate issues
Am 26.01.2017 um 06:42 schrieb nicholas:
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:04:16 CET Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Am 25.01.2017 um 11:42 schrieb AW:
Current TW, wake up from s2disk no longer works. This has been an issue
since some days.
[..]
Probably related.
I've activated "Ruhezustand" (German) which I suppose is "hibernate" in
KDE/Tumbleweed. It doesn't work except that when it kicks in, keyboard
entry is no longer recognized (keyboard seems dead).
The mouse still works. Keyboard and mouse connected with cable.
I can get back control of the computer by mouse-clicking "Standby" in
KDE. The computer powers down. Switched on again, keyboard works as it
should.
System: Tumbleweed, updates as provided.

you updated with dup --no-allow-vendor-change

Yes
suspend works normally?

Test again. Setting one minute.
Two options (German)
"Standby" works as assumed
"Ruhezustand" after one minute screen turns black but can be activated again with mouse-movements, keyboard seems dead.
Computer-control returns when in KDE "Standby" cycle is run.

and what does journald say?

I noticed the problem but couldn't pin it to "hibernate" before I read this thread.
journald might help, but "man journald" doesn't exist on my computer.
So, which of the binary log-file in /var/log/journal, how do I open it and what will I be looking for?

cu
Peter