Re: [opensuse-factory] new package: xfce4-volumed-pulse
On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 10:15:46 +0100,
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Am 26.01.2017 um 09:35 schrieb Stefan Seyfried:
Hi all,

even though Takashi has fixed xfce4-mixer and xfce4-volumed to build with
gstreamer-1.0 (thanks!), I'd still like to
introduce the new upstream package xfce4-volumed-pulse, which is using
pulseaudio to get / set volume settings and
notify the user about changes (it presents a popup if e.g. with hotkeys the
volume is changed).

Devel project is X11:xfce, where all the other XFCE related packages

I'm a pretty new user of xfce and I found that the default panel volume
control is broken for Pulseaudio. I switched to
xfce4-panel-plugin-pulseaudio because of that which seems to work. What
is the difference here?

xfce4-volumed is rather a minimalistic implmentation, and targeted for
the media key handling and notification. OTOH,
xfce4-panel-plugin-pulseaudio is more about detailed mixer setup with
optional key handling, AFAIK.

Takashi