Re: [opensuse-factory] s2disk = hibernate issues
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 06:42:49 +0100
On Thursday, 26 January 2017 00:04:16 CET Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Am 25.01.2017 um 11:42 schrieb AW:
Current TW, wake up from s2disk no longer works. This has been an issue
since some days.

On wakeup, the login screen appears, but is not responding. It disappears
again, comes up again and is responding, I can type my pw. But after log
in, plasmashell freezes.

Probably related.
I've activated "Ruhezustand" (German) which I suppose is "hibernate" in
KDE/Tumbleweed. It doesn't work except that when it kicks in, keyboard
entry is no longer recognized (keyboard seems dead).
The mouse still works. Keyboard and mouse connected with cable.

I can get back control of the computer by mouse-clicking "Standby" in
KDE. The computer powers down. Switched on again, keyboard works as it
should.

System: Tumbleweed, updates as provided.

cu
Peter
you updated with dup --no-allow-vendor-change
suspend works normally?
and what does journald say?