Re: [opensuse-factory] s2disk = hibernate issues
On Wed, 25 Jan 2017 16:00:54 +0100,
AW wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 25. Januar 2017, 14:49:41 CET schrieb Oliver Neukum:
Am Mittwoch, den 25.01.2017, 12:25 +0100 schrieb AW:

Intel graphics, probably i915.

Good.

echo disk > /sys/power/state

I should explain more. This will hibernate your machine in
kernel space. It lacks most of the features s2disk provides,
but a bare bones hibernation should work.

If this works, we know s2disk itself is buggy.
If this works, the kernel causes the problem.

OK,

# echo disk > /sys/power/state

as root. Screen becomes black, LED for "on" goes out. After pressing the
start
button PC wakes up, desktop appears. But the desktop responds very slowly.

OK, and at this moment, do you see any kernel messages showing warning
or such? Check the output of dmesg.

After a while I typed into Yakuake

# killall plasmashell
plasmashell: Kein Prozess gefunden

Plasmashell says »no process found«, so I guess it crashed. After

#kstart plasmashell

desktop is not back to normal, it still is lagging, but usuable. Gets better
after some minutes. Maybe because I'm using two screens.

HTH! However, thank you!

Wouldn't it be an easy test just to install the latest 4.8 kernel, boot it
and
see how it works? Unfortunately, I don't know, where to get an older TW
kernel.

You can test my backup kernel repo, OBS home:tiwai:kernel:4.8:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/tiwai:/kernel:/4.8/

But, before trying that: which kernels did you test? Did it start
breaking from 4.9.0? Or later version of 4.9.x?

thanks,

Takashi