Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
Am 23.01.2017 um 15:37 schrieb Thorsten Kukuk:
/opt is for ISVs and they can write user data there, like databases.
You don't want to loose changes to that data during rollback.

I do not yet use snapper and btrfs, and after reading this, I'm glad I
don't.

If I would put my application on my production server in /opt, then
later attempt to update it, I certainly would expect to be able to roll
back from that failed attempt.
--
Stefan Seyfried