Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:29:48 +0100
Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne pondělí 23. ledna 2017 14:00:46 CET, Thorsten Kukuk napsal(a):
On Mon, Jan 23, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pondělí 23. ledna 2017 11:35:38 CET, Johannes Kastl
napsal(a):
On 23.01.17 11:21 Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
Userdata is user owned data - also configuration is
'owned/created' by the user. I'd consider it terrible
practice to delete any data the USER/OWNER put on his machine
on package removal.

I think Vojtěch means something like "apt-get purge xyz".

Exactly. Thank You.

What "apt-get purge" is doing is the default of RPM?

"apt-get purge" does NOT delete any user data.
"apt-get purge" does only delete configuration files, except it is
in the users home directory or something similar.
What does RPM? - it always removes the configuration files. If the
configuraton file was changed, a backup (*.rpmsave) will be keeped.

So please be a little bit more verbose what you want to archive
compared to the current status.

I'm sorry, this was my mistake. I thought "apt-get purge" is deleting
also the data, not only configuration; and RPM leaves everything in
place. My concert was if there is/could be optional parameter to
delete also the data and configuration when removing particular
package. Sorry for the too much noise.

dpkg -i --auto-deconfigure removes the configuration data as
well.