[opensuse-factory] Re: ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
"best practice" is always special and not common practice.
If you want to use snapshots and rollback, your "best practice" is
a bad choice and you need to find a new "best practice", which works
together with snapshots, rollback and your requirements.

I wouldn't assume that '/var' is on a root volume -- mine has never been
that way.

If you use btrfs with snasphots and rollback, it is always on
the root volume.
----
"Best practices" wouldn't apply to someone using brtfs considering the
ongoing problems people post to open-suse. I can't see it being ready for
a production system or one that one wants to "keep up" and have 24x7 uptime.

NOTE: this seems to already be a problem. Anyone who tries to
update their system or software with Yast, *CAN'T* because the "presumed"
snapshot ability doesn't seem to get installed with upgrades.