Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 08:27:09 +0100
On 2017-01-22 12:59, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
May I ask how such cleanup should be done after removal of the package?
I'm sorry, I'm bit confused. And little bit moving it into philosophy:
generally, if I uninstall something and after some time I install it
back. Should I start with empty settings or continue where I interrupted
usage of that software (configuration as well as data?.

The behaviour in SuSE/openSUSE since I know it is to leave the data and
configuration intact. The installation/removal/upgrade by rpm only
touches the code. And also the config, but never replacing it fully:
sometimes the new config is activated, sometimes the old. Both versions
are in place, one renamed.

OK. As far as I know it is not possible to force cleanup of such data/
configuration files when removing package. Correct? Wouldn't it be nice to have
such option when using zypper? I hope I don't hitchhike the thread too much...

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu
Community of the openSUSE GNU/Linux