Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On 2017-01-22 12:59, Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
May I ask how such cleanup should be done after removal of the package? I'm
sorry, I'm bit confused. And little bit moving it into philosophy: generally,
if I uninstall something and after some time I install it back. Should I
start
with empty settings or continue where I interrupted usage of that software
(configuration as well as data?.

The behaviour in SuSE/openSUSE since I know it is to leave the data and
configuration intact. The installation/removal/upgrade by rpm only
touches the code. And also the config, but never replacing it fully:
sometimes the new config is activated, sometimes the old. Both versions
are in place, one renamed.

Actually an rpm feature.

--
Cheers / Saludos,