Re: [opensuse-factory] RFC: new system user handling

On 2017-01-21 13:13, Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
Your comments? Any ideas or code for improvement?
If not, we will start in about two to three weeks to incorporate
that in Factory.

for some system users (e.g. openstack-glance) we needed to make sure
that they are created with identical UIDs on all machines in a network
when sharing data with NFS, because NFS permissions are based on UID.

I see in
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/home:kukuk:sysusers/system-users/system-user-man.conf
that this is possible with the new format, but it means that we still
need to maintain something like a SUSE Assigned Names and Numbers
Authority (SANANA)
to make sure that we do not get colliding fixed UIDs and GIDs
or would it happen ad-hoc because you can grep the existing configs in
Factory (could be prone to races)

Ciao
Bernhard M.