Re: [opensuse-factory] ANNOUNCE: transactional updates for Tumbleweed
On samedi, 21 janvier 2017 14.46:19 h CET Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
4. RPM, which installs directories or data into directories, which
are subvolumes, needs to be adjusted. This will not work.
Example: /var/cache is an own subvolume. Quite some RPMs
create directories and data there, and some of them will stop
working if you remove this directories.
That's bad even without transactional updates, a system
administrator should always be allowed to delete the cache.
A better way is to create the directories during boot with
tmpfiles.d(5).
Same problem for all other subvolumes like /var/log, /var/spool,
etc.

I've some difficulties to understand why it's bad ?
I want to have my squid cache stored and stay on disk so it's persitant.
Same apply for zypper If I want to keep packages ...

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch