Re: [opensuse-factory] Auto-Mute not working
  • From: Chan Ju Ping <email@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 17:54:43 -0600
On Friday, January 20, 2017 10:19:46 AM CST Ondrej Holecek wrote:
On čtvrtek 19. ledna 2017 18:02:47 CET Chan Ju Ping wrote:
Since the last update, there has been no sound output from my laptop
speaker, but there is sound when the audio jack is plugged in.

When I checked alsamixer, and turned off Auto-Mute Mode, the sound returns
on my speaker, so this is clearly a software setting issue.

Which setting should I set to get auto mute to work normally again, which
is to switch-off the speaker with the audio jack plugged in, but turned
on when it is removed?

I don't know about ALSA, but PulseAudio was updated to 10RC1 recently. Check
i.e. in pavucontrol if you have proper profile configured and output port
selected.

It appears that the Port in pavucontrol says says "Speakers (unavailable)" and
"Headphones (plugged-in)" even when there are no headphones. Switching to
Speakers turns the sound back on. Plugging in the audio jack does not
automatically pipe audio to the speaker.
< Previous Next >