Re: [opensuse-factory] which Xorg video driver is in use?
Per Jessen composed on 2017-01-19 09:42 (UTC+0100):

nouveau isn't workable, keeps crashing sddm. I'll most likely just use
the nvidia driver. It's mostly a test system. Thanks for your input.

It might be worth waiting to see if the soon upgrade to server 1.19.1 stops the crashing. Another option is switching to a different dm, maybe lightdm or kdm. I use only KDM, KDM3 or TDM, according to which primary DE I have installed.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/