Re: [opensuse-factory] this latest release is proving troublesome for the desktop
Per Jessen [18.01.2017 12:34]:
Felix Miata wrote:

Per Jessen composed on 2017-01-18 08:36 (UTC+0100):

I was also using nouveau for a while, with both 421 and 422, always
had hangs.

For the time being, I've blacklisted nouveau - graphics are slooooow,
so I'll switch to the nvidia supplied driver soon.

Slow using which Xorg driver?

nouveau(0)?

Blacklisted.

vesa(0)?
fbdev(0)?
modeset(0)?

How do I determine which one is in use?

For this purpose I most often use "hwinfo --gfxcard", it shows the
current driver and some hardware details. The hwinfo binary ist
installed on openSUSE by default, AFAIK.

Werner