Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing program icons
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:41:39 +0100
Am Sonntag, 15. Januar 2017, 23:01:24 schrieb ianseeks:
Thanks, that didn;t make any difference. Looks like a delete and re-add
manually. I wonder why this latest release caused it though

Latest release?
You are using Plasma 5.9 *beta*... (and no, this is *not* in Tumbleweed, which
still has the stable 5.8.5)

Apparently I misunderstood your problem though.
This seems to be about Icon plasmoids, and I don't have such on my
desktop/panels (I thought you were talking about icons in the application menu
and/or your desktop folder). So I cannot tell really whether this is a general
problem or not.

It's likely related to the fact that those Icon plasmoids have been reworked
in 5.9 to bring back the properties dialog.
This involved a change into how they store their "settings" and a migration
thereof.
You might have experienced a glitch in this migration, or something like that.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang