Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 13:25:00 +0100
shutdown hangs on a task I haven't still identified for about one and
a half minute, systemd shuts it down probably forcibly after this
time.
90s is default for hung process - you should be able to identify from journal
It seems the most of the time is consumed by unmounting of
/var/log which finally fails (if I see correctly)
journald blocks unmount of /var/log, its normal (symptom not cause)

for startup times
# sudo systemd-analyze critical-chain
# sudo systemd-analyze blame