Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:04:20 +0000
On Monday, 16 January 2017 12:18:43 GMT stakanov wrote:
In data lunedì 16 gennaio 2017 11:39:57, René Krell ha scritto:
Additionally to the reported issues with this snapshot I have these
two on a HP ZBook 15 G2 notebook, running kernel 4.9.0_2 from the TW
update repository:

1. Plasma desktop does sometimes hang during startup, I see the
message "Yakuake started" at the beginning, but no widget, just the
empty background. In this situation, when trying to reboot, the
shutdown hangs on a task I haven't still identified for about one and
a half minute, systemd shuts it down probably forcibly after this
time.

To exclude a driver problem I tried this in these variants:
- nouveau (with Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nouveau (no Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nvidia native 375.20 (nouveau blacklisted)
The effect is always the same, there seems not to be a problem with a
graphics driver.

2. A second display connected to the docking station stopped working,
it doesn't even wake up neither during booting nor after Plasma has
been started. The second display isn't even recognized according to
the Plasma desktop settings, there is just the laptop display present.
This has been still working with the update state of last friday
(20170110).

Did anyone notice something similar? Any analyze or solution out there?

René

I do not know if this is related.
I am on a Nouveau Nividia System. Also with me plasma freezes from time to
time (it seems related with sound and / or video but I am by no means
sure). Kaffeine tends to freeze/lockup when using pause during dvb-t.
Amarok locks up when using a lot pause/start on any mp3 audiofile.
When booting the flashpopup when starting kde hangs and has to be killed by
hand. This is true even if changing type of animation.
It seems the system has also a problem to wake up when it goes into a lower
state of consumption. Mouse will still react but the rest of plasma shows no
reaction. alt+ctl+del is usually possible with end of session. When logging
in again everything seems to work.
I get the same thing on login. I have to ctrl backspace backspace to kill the
login and then i can login okay.
Definitely something wrong in this release

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170112
Qt: 5.7.1