Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
  • From: Robby Engelmann <robby.engelmann@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:52:20 +0100
On Montag, 16. Januar 2017 12:45:56 CET Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Dne pondělí 16. ledna 2017 11:39:57 CET, René Krell napsal(a):
1. Plasma desktop does sometimes hang during startup, I see the
message "Yakuake started" at the beginning, but no widget, just the

For me, Plasma sometimes takes relatively long time to start, Yakuake is
already running, other background services also, but I don't see desktop.
After ~15 seconds of waiting (Isn't it bit long for SSD?) everything runs
normally.

The same is here already for some time. During start-up the system take some
seconds (perhaps 5-8) to finally show the KDE desktop. In the meantime the
openSUSE bulb is shown and the yakuake-popup is shown shortly.

Cheers,
Robby.