Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed snapshot 20170112 - hanging Plasma, broken extended display
  • From: Vojtěch Zeisek <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:45:56 +0100
Dne pondělí 16. ledna 2017 11:39:57 CET, René Krell napsal(a):
1. Plasma desktop does sometimes hang during startup, I see the
message "Yakuake started" at the beginning, but no widget, just the

For me, Plasma sometimes takes relatively long time to start, Yakuake is
already running, other background services also, but I don't see desktop.
After ~15 seconds of waiting (Isn't it bit long for SSD?) everything runs
normally.

empty background. In this situation, when trying to reboot, the
shutdown hangs on a task I haven't still identified for about one and
a half minute, systemd shuts it down probably forcibly after this
time.

Reboot/shutdown takes extraordinary long time. If I press Esc to see the log
messages. It seems the most of the time is consumed by unmounting of /var/log
which finally fails (if I see correctly), then it scrolls quickly with bunch of
unspecific errors. Apart this, everything seems to be working fine.

To exclude a driver problem I tried this in these variants:
- nouveau (with Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nouveau (no Mesa-dri-nouveau installed)
- nvidia native 375.20 (nouveau blacklisted)
The effect is always the same, there seems not to be a problem with a
graphics driver.

I'm on Intel graphic card.

2. A second display connected to the docking station stopped working,
it doesn't even wake up neither during booting nor after Plasma has
been started. The second display isn't even recognized according to
the Plasma desktop settings, there is just the laptop display present.
This has been still working with the update state of last friday (20170110).

It works well for me, using HDMI as well as VGA. Two full HD monitors. No
problem.

--
Vojtěch Zeisek

Komunita openSUSE GNU/Linuxu