Re: [opensuse-factory] Missing program icons
  • From: ianseeks <bingmybong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:58:00 +0000
On Monday, 16 January 2017 11:25:12 GMT Robin Klitscher wrote:
On 16/01/17 07:50, ianseeks wrote:
Hi

With this release all my desktop and panel icons have been replaced with
what looks like a temporary icon in black and white and if you mouse over
them, it gives a tooltip of "xxxxxx.desktop" e.g "opera.desktop"

Widgets seem okay, the show desktop is still showing the correct icon.

Any ideas?

Regards

Ian

Same here (for panel items at least) both in Tumbleweed and 42.2 on the
same machine.

Couldn't find the reason. So, for whatever it may be worth, I simply
re-added the icons individually from the Applications Menu to the Panel,
and deleted the aberrant originals.

An alternative is to re-select the appropriate icon through the
Properties dialog of the individual apps on the Panel.

I found that if i right click the icon and opened the properties then pressed
okay without doing anything, it automatically puts back the correct icon

Either method works here.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20170112
Qt: 5.7.1