[opensuse-factory] Factory Check Ins Status
Hi all,

Just a short note to let people know about a couple of things which are
backing up acceptance into Factory.

1. With the holidays and a lot of people on vacation accepting new
Factory submits is a bit backed up more than I like. So, please allow
some patience to allow us to catch up. In my queue, the back log is
about 135 packages, meaning I'm reviewing packages submitted 18 days
ago. Security and maintenance packages always get priority and
I personally try to get them checked in within 24 hours or less,
provided all the QA checks are good.

2. For new packages which are under legal team review, the backlog is
deeper given the sheer numbers (hundreds?) of packages going in to
Factory and TW. This a good problem to have as we have more active
packagers.

IMO the quality of our packages is getting better and some of our
community members are doing an outstanding job keeping them
updated. End result a better openSUSE with a wider variety
packages never seen before. If you meet an openSUSE packager in real
life or virtually, buy them a beer :)

From one of your friendly openSUSE review team members,

Peter